The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Health Notes

Here is what we are discussing today (with links) at The Tao of Health:

Would one of our major multinational corporations engage in subliminal advertising? Of course not, right?

I guess we’ve mentioned conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) before. In some cases I think it has been used as a weight loss/fat loss supplement. But now there are some questions regarding its safety, and here is another article. See, if I wanted to lose weight or fat I’d just do it the old fashioned way, by exercising and eating less. But hey, that’s just me, I guess.

Hmmm. Interesting thing about functional foods: they may not always be the healthiest things I could eat. Note to self: don’t be deceived or unduly influenced by the addition of functional foods to your grocery items.

Interesterified fat may be replacing trans fat in some cases. Is it really all that great a substitute? Would we be better off using interesterified fat? Thanks, but I’ll pass.

This is good news: a safer prenatal test for Down Syndrome.

Here is an article about grape seed extract as it may relate to the health of your skin. I don’t know, I think I’m a little skeptical about this. Besides, there are a lot of things attacking our skin from without, things like sun, wind, cold, pollution. I think I’d concentrate on protecting myself from those. But hey, I doubt taking grape seed extract would hurt. And who knows, it might have some positive health benefits?

Here is an article about how a mother’s diet may impact the health of her baby, even into adulthood. I don’t know if I believe all this. Read the article and see what you think.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would one of our major multinational corporations engage in subliminal advertising? Indeed.
    There's more subliminal than advertising going on. (As to why I will talk about stalking instead of health, even tho I like your comments, and don't think grape seed extract will hurt either: all I see is health, but I need to post a non-sequitter about liberals being targets for covert war: stalking. Please read a private investigator David Lawson who "infiltrated the infiltrators." He went undercover into right wing groups who are targeting the left and (get this): marrying us!!! If you are a liberal and single, watch out!! If you don't believe me, think of all the liberal singles you know. Why have they all of a sudden become "popular" - it's actually infiltration! Middle Americans are willing to do their "patriotic duty" by dating some of us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home