The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Open heart surgery is becoming closed heart surgery as doctors experiment with a technique to replace heart valves that is much less invasive than has previously been the case.

There was an article the other day about how scientists had isolated stem cells from mice testicles. Now there is an article about how scientists have produced stem cells from human testicles. Looks like we’re getting closer and closer to something that really works, and to something that I might actually want to use. I wouldn't personally be inclined to use stem cells from mice testes.

How much fiber do you eat? Twenty to thirty grams per day could make you a lot healthier. (I don’t think there’s much fiber in that cheeseburger.)

Don’t forget to eat your garlic. It may be effective against cancer and heart disease.

Does anyone remember what a disaster the swine flu vaccine was thirty years ago, and how it was so unnecessary? So tell me, do you still trust scientists and doctors all that much. Let’s hope they don’t screw it up with bird flu like they did with swine flu.

And now they’re saying that prostate cancer may be caused by a virus. (article one, article two) So, with this information, do you think it would make sense to cut funding for research into infectious diseases? Me neither.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home