The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Leave my wine alone Yesterday I bemoaned the fact that scientists were trying to genetically engineer grapes. Today I read that scientists in Italy have decoded the genome of the pinot noir grape, and plan to use their research to produce superior wines. There’s nothing wrong with the wine now. Why do you have to start tinkering with it? You’re going to screw it up, you know, and then we won’t have it anymore. That would be a sad day. Leave my wine alone!

Any Takers? You may remember that I wrote on Saturday about six men who became ill while involved in clinical trials for a drug to treat leukemia. That drug, it turns out, is genetically engineered, and is derived from a human/mouse hybrid gene. Oh, the wonders of biotechnology! Now we have doctors giving us drugs derived from human/mouse genes. Don’t you just love it? Do we have any volunteers to try more of these drugs? Come on, the scientists know what they’re doing. You can trust them.

Health Notes ADHD drugs can cause psychosis, mania, and hallucinations in the young people taking them. Seniors now have to worry about muscle loss. Proper diet can lower blood cholesterol. An organ in the brain called the choroid plexus may keep us from developing Alzheimer’s disease. A cancer vaccine may be on the way. Fish oils are effective against prostate cancer.

Bird Flu Update Five young people die in Azerbaijan – bird flu spreads to Pakistan – China may finally turn over its bird flu samples, but don’t hold your breath – finally, is bird flu really caused by gays?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home