The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Paul Zummo at The Political Spectrum says, “I love politics, but quite frankly I’ve grown tired of politics.”

I get tired of saying the same things over and over. For me, if you’re a thinking person, and you reach a conclusion about a question or a problem, then the next step is to find solutions to the problem and to solve it.

I get tired of saying that the president is a jerk. I get tired of saying that the Republicans are the problem. Thing is, I think that’s what they’re counting on: that we will get tired of calling them on these big questions, and then things will continue unchanged. That’s one reason why we cannot get tired of politics. Politics are a means to an end. The end is a better America for all her citizens. If we falter in this goal, then we leave it to the corporations and the rich people, and that’s not right.


jamminjim says, “I really hate politics in this country. I’m sick of it. It’s like all politicians know how to do is attack the opposition. Neither Republicans or Democrats ever do anything useful.”

I might remind jamminjim that, with the Republicans in control of Congress, the Democrats are somewhat limited in what they can do. I don’t claim that the Democrats are all that great, but I would rather see them working for their agenda than see the Republicans working for theirs. I think the Democrats would like to see us out of Iraq. I think the Democrats would like to see fairness in taxation, a balanced budget, social justice.

I do agree somewhat with jamminjim, though. I hate politics in this country too. It seems like we have a politics of selfishness, when we should have a politics of selflessness: doing what is best for the people, ALL the people. I’d like to see all that change.

Tags: , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howdy. I just wanted to let you know that I've moved to a new blog. WordWhammy has been replaced with Mona Lisa's Secret (www.monalisassecret.com). I'd sure appreciate it if you could update your blogroll. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home