The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Reality Check

In discussing the Washington Post article on President Bush’s plan to pay for Gulf coast relief, one blogger said that the American public is “already tapped.”

How is the American public, especially the top 2%, already tapped out? I don’t see it. In fact, I see the contrary: people with lots of money who are out there spending it on Hummers, trips to exotic locales, second homes, etc.

It makes more sense to me to say that the Federal Treasury is tapped out, since it keeps going further and further in debt.

Such endless borrowing, with no thought for tomorrow, is to me irresponsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home