The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bush Sinks In My Poll

The more I read or hear about George W. Bush the less I like him as a person. Has everyone read this week’s Newsweek article “How Bush Blew It”? It depicts the President as uninformed, surly (“cold and snappish”), and not really doing his job. Of course I first heard about the article on Countdown Monday night, and I couldn’t wait to get my copy in the mail yesterday.

A President should be informed about what is happening with his fellow citizens, and he should want to be informed. This whole episode just reinforces what everybody on the Left already knew: George W. Bush is not really qualified, in many ways, to be President. The job of President is a tough job. If you don’t want to pay attention to the plight of New Orleans (that is part of the job, you know) then get out and let someone be President who will.

I reiterate: If you want a President who cares about you, and how acts like he cares, vote Democratic. We won’t abandon you suffering at the Superdome.

P.S. Something is evolving that is getting harder to ignore. There seems to be an Impeach Bush movement flourishing on the internet. The Impeach Bush Coalition has an interesting website. They make the argument that if you can bring charges of criminal negligence against the owners of the rest home where 34 people died, then the President could be charged with criminal negligence for his part in the much larger catastrophe that befell New Orleans under his watch, or something to that effect. It is an interesting read.

Also, there is apparently a March on Washington scheduled for the weekend of 9/24. Wow, this is getting interesting.

In the meantime a dozen explosions kill and maim hundreds in Iraq, Hurricane Ophelia batters the North Carolina coast, and the beat goes.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're next book should be entitled. "The Tao of Ed Bremson is an idiot"

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're next book should be entitled. "The Tao of Ed Bremson is an idiot"

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you should write the tao of anonymous is an idiot?

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Deborah White said…

    Ed...I completely aagree with your comments here. Details revealed in that Newsweek article about Bush's startling isolation from reality demonstrates his unwillingness to govern and lead the US. It was absolutely amazing!

    Deborah White
    US Liberals at About.com

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ed,
    Thanks for the heads up. I think the American People are actually waking up to the fact that this "Emperor" truly isn't wearing any clothes. They've bought off into a myth, and now we're paying the cost. It's heavy, as we know. A costly war without end, the egregious loss of life of our young people there, the stunning rise of poverty in the US under this administration, the complete breakdown of this government to spring into action to save lives in the Gulf Coast. All this from a guy whose supposed to read the Holy Bible everyday? Wow. Myself, I think he actually reads travelogues everyday, because he's always on vacation. Well, I've had my say. Thanks again, Ed. Peace to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home