The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bush, Nobel Laureate?

The Nobel Prize committee today announced that President George W. Bush has been under consideration for an unprecedented six Nobel prizes this year:

Economics, for cutting taxes on the rich and helping more people into poverty;
Physics, for his astute observation that no one could have foreseen the breach of the levees in New Orleans;
Medicine, for his plan to send the Army into the streets of America to fight the Avian Flu;
Chemistry, for the obvious chemistry that exists between him and his nominee for the Supreme Court;
Peace, for sending Karen Hughes to tell the women of Turkey that waging war promotes peace; and
Fiction (to be shared with Colin Powell,) for his 2003 State of the Union Address.

Stay tuned for more developments as they become available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home