The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Quintessentially Texan

One thing that may be overlooked in the discussion about Harriet Miers: she is a Texan.

When faced with the task of choosing someone to replace Sandra Day O’Connor, I am not surprised that George W. Bush chose a Texan. Texas is his real political base, and in choosing Miers he has solidified that base.

George W. Bush is intensely political. It is not surprising that he could not find someone outside of Texas who was better qualified. A lot of other Texans will agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home