The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Smart Bush, Dumb Bush

I never know which George W. Bush is going to show up, the smart one or the dumb one. Wednesday, during a photo and question op with the President of Poland, the President of the United States seemed confident, articulate, and a master of his material. At least half the time, however, he seems unsure, unprepared, and he stumbles his way through appearances. That kind of presentation may have seemed folksy or quaint during his first term, but with his poll numbers plummeting, and a plethora of crises swirling around him, his own performance often contributes to our negative feelings. It is as if we are willing to support the Smart Bush, but we have little patience with the Dumb Bush. And it seems as if lately he has been getting Dumb and Dumber. We may not need an intellectual in the Oval Office, but we need someone who, by his demeanor, can inspire the public’s confidence. We don’t have that now, at least not consistently.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Carl said…

    There is no "Smart Bush". There's only "Staged Bush" and "Ad Hoc Bush".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home