The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, November 28, 2005

No More Abortions
There is a report in the British press that as many as fifty babies each year are alive after their mothers undergo an abortion. This news, it seems to me, is like an unwanted taste of reality. It is easy enough for a woman to say, “Well, you just perform an abortion, the fetus goes away, and then you can get on with your life.” With this latest news that, after an abortion in England you end up with a living person in your hands that you then have to kill, I don’t think you can ignore the harsh reality: abortion is murder. No one has a right to kill another human being. So, instead of finding better ways to perform abortions, ones whose outcomes are not so embarrassing, why don’t we just stop all the killing?

Bird Flu
Join me in The Tao of Biotechnology for a discussion of Avian (bird) flu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home