The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Political Notes
Former Senator Bob Graham has an interesting perspective on the situation prior to the Iraq war. I’m sure some will attack him as having a political agenda. But it is interesting to me how often, when I hear Democrats talk, they sound very reasonable and respond to questions directly; and how often, when I hear Republicans talk, they respond with negativity and talking points.

It’s about time we had a frank discussion of the Iraq war. The president has been hiding behind the enemy for so long, with no one daring to challenge him lest they commit political suicide, but now it is time to ask some tough questions and get some straight answers. After all, discussion of this kind, in a democracy, is healthy. Secrecy is not.

Speaking of the president, has anyone seen video of the him in Asia? He doesn’t look good or sound good. He looks like he wants to go someplace and hide. Maybe he is suffering from jet lag, but I’m worried about him. Sometimes I get the impression he is teetering on the edge.

Other News of Note
Apparently Hadley is Woodward’s source?

Simply Left Behind has some interesting, ongoing discussions.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're right. Mr. President does not look well. He looks very old all of a sudden.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home