The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Bird Flu Notes
For those who are trying to design a vaccine, or even an antiviral to combat bird flu, it seems to me that it would be helpful if they understood the genetic makeup of theH5N1 virus, and how it interacts with the human body’s defense mechanisms. Well, now they do. This article explains how one hospital has done genetic analysis on various strains of bird flu, and has identified the protein that might make H5N1 so dangerous. This is important information to have, no?


The World Economic Forum released a report which said that the global threat from bird flu was what business leaders worried about most. Some experts even compared bird flu to the Black Death of the 14th century.

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The politics of bird flu is very apt because the government and business can not respond quickly nor adequately enough; they are constrainted not by science but the politics and business of science and academia.To be able to respond adequately most institutions must be able to tell the truth and unbelieveably most researchers can't tell the truth. I've proven this on my website www.cancerfraudbadbiotech.com and my own sad experience. Most of the concerns for the flu I raised iin the early nineties (see 2006 Gold section for explanation) and now have shown how the interaction of bird flu with AIDS could tag 70% of mankind for death. Have I received help for the research ? No? And look at all the politicians I have contacted. What is their main concern? Covering up academic fraud by Yale and Waterloo(RIM). So how important is your health and safety , your families lives compared to covering up lies? Not very> So how much of a real response do you think you are getting? Read the Gold section as it will shock you. Maybe you'll demand better. Thank you. E.A.Greenhalgh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home