The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

H5N1 Cooperation
If we’re still talking about China not fully cooperating in sharing bird flu samples, well that creates problems.

But apparently China is not the only Asian country that is not fully cooperating. Other countries in the region have reported H5N1 cases as much as two months after the event. Maybe that stems from logistical problems, but that kind of reporting makes it hard to contain a pandemic if one occurs.

Everyone, in the West at least, stresses that cooperation among countries is necessary if we are to be successful against bird flu. Everyone in the East would do well to heed these admonitions and streamline their reporting procedures. After all, they are in the direct line of fire if bird flu gets out of hand. The East has the most to gain from timely reporting.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home