The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Right is Wrong
So, let’s see, the GOP is supposed to keep us safe, right? Well, what about Katrina? They had ample warning of what was coming, and yet did nothing. Don’t forget that. Also, read this article and watch the video. Now it seems that the White House is impeding the investigation into its response to Katrina.

You know, some people will believe anything. Just witness the fact that George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004. Now they want us to believe they will keep us safe. Give me a break. These guys shouldn’t be voted out of office, they should be run out of office, the way they handled Katrina, the way they have run up deficits, the way they have given tax cuts to people who don’t need them, and the way they have used the war in Iraq for political purposes. I’m getting tired of this, and the American people are getting tired of it too. We won’t be fooled in 2006, or in 2008. It is time for a change, and the change is now. Harry Reid said it pretty well in his speech before the Center for American Progress. Bush has bankrupted “our country and (placed) an enormous tax on our children and grandchildren, simply so he can hand out tax breaks to special interests and the wealthy." And we also need a president who does what he says he’ll do. That president is certainly not George W. Bush, and probably not a Republican.

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home