The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Worst than Buchanan?
First of all, this column from Molly Ivins should read “Worse” not “Worst.” But grammar and spelling aside, read it if you’re mad at Bush and want to get madder.

Second Term Failure
There are more poll numbers out for Bush, and they don’t look good for him. What interests me is that they keep finding new questions to ask people, and new ways to show what a bad president we have.

Enough Already
Confirming Samuel Alito is going to be painful. No way around it. So let’s just hurry and get it over with, like pulling a bandage off, in one quick motion. No need to prolong the pain, although, maybe when he takes his seat on the Supreme Court is when the pain really starts? The farther we get into George W. Bush’s presidency, the more I become a nihilist.

Oops
So let’s see, George W. Bush says that democratic countries are peaceful countries. So the first chance the Palestinians get to vote in a democratic election they elect a terrorist organization? So much for that idea. You know, our president likes to repeat phrases of conventional wisdom over and over: they hate us for our freedom, we’ll stand up as they stand down, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam. We need to challenge those assumptions at every turn. They are often flawed reasoning, although they sound good, and many Americans believe them. Democratic countries often are not peaceful. (Need I remind anyone that we are the ones who started the war in Iraq?)

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home