The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

There is a new urine test that is able to detect prostate cancer. This is some of the best news I’ve heard recently. Biopsies suck! Finding better diagnostic tools is always good. I don’t know when this test will become widely available, but I hope it’s soon.

As I just said, biopsies are no fun. Hypnosis could help reduce the pain involved with breast biopsies. Otherwise, maybe we can develop better diagnostic tools and reduce the number of biopsies performed.

This article says that statins may prevent heart attacks and stokes even in healthy people. This article says pretty much the same thing. But this article has a very different take on the research.

I’m sure that most people have heard by now that overweight women may have less risk of developing breast cancer. That seems counterintuitive. I wonder if that is the final word on the subject.

Red meat seems to get a lot of bad press. I don’t eat it, at least partly for that very reason. And here is an article that says red meat and breast cancer may be linked. For me, one word is sufficient. Many others ignore the truth, even when it’s right in front of them. Stop eating red meat!

We mentioned recently about the mental changes that sometimes occur in people who have received chemotherapy. This article says those changes may be temporary. Let us hope so.

Marathon runners may have undetected heart disease, resulting from their endurance training. You might want to get that checked, although getting it checked may not really do any good, because doctors don't seem to be sure how to properly evaluate the condition.

I guess doctors counsel heart patients, but FYI, drug-coated stents may result in more blood clotting. I'm sure doctors thought putting drugs on the stents was a good idea. That seems to have backfired, doesn't it?

Blood thinners can have unwanted side effects, including: Bruising easily, Nosebleeds, Bleeding gums, and Excessive bleeding caused by shaving cuts.

Here’s an article about calorie restriction with the idea of having a longer life.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home