The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The brain shrinks as we age. Aerobic exercise can reverse that.

We’ve touched on this before: too much copper is associated with mental decline. Copper is found in many multi-vitamins.

And we’ve talked about this too: DHA, an essential fatty acid, lowers the risk of dementia. That’s why I take fish oil, especially since I’m basically vegan. Brands like Carlson are free of mercury, etc. I bought some Spectrum Cod Liver Oil last night at the grocery store that is free of impurities also. And they taste good.

Chocolate milk may be the best drink to help athletes recover after exercise?

Here is a discussion of salt, diet, and health. Salt is essential to life, of course, yet Americans typically eat too much of it. Also, too much salt can contribute to high blood pressure. I eat soy sauce, and salted nuts, but I don’t eat junk food or fast food anymore. It’s a lot to think about, and you really have to be vigilant in our society to avoid consuming too much salt.


, , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home