The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Health Notes
Here is a list of ten medical treatments that are currently being tested, and that could revolutionize the fight against certain diseases, like lung cancer, Alzheimer’s, and HIV.

Here is an article about the drug Avastin that may act to cut off the blood supply to lung cancer tumors.

Some of the adverse effects that smoking has on the cardiovascular system may disappear soon after one quits. That’s good news.

It may be better to treat prostate cancer than to just wait and watch.

Here is an article about breast cancer and the effectiveness of tamoxifen in treating it.

I’m sure that a colonoscopy is not a very pleasant procedure. If you want to avoid having to get one, you might want to eat less meat and more fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.

Do antidepressants increase the risk of suicide? This is something you might want to think about. Here is another article from International Herald Tribune.

Here is a discussion of diet and healthy food, including spinach, tomatoes, red wine, cinnamon, etc.

Vegetarians who eat a diet low in protein may have less risk of developing cancer.

I feel bad for people who have trouble sleeping. Here is a discussion of treating insomnia.

This is interesting: the flu vaccine does not need to be a perfect match for the strain of influenza that is going around. The vaccine will probably still work anyway. This may also be true for the bird flu.

Is mercury pollution increasing in the Arctic? Some scientists fear that it might be. I’m worried about mercury pollution in the environment too.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home