The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, July 22, 2005

What Battle?

Most of the media articles about the nomination of John G. Roberts to the U. S. Supreme Court characterize his upcoming confirmation process as a “Battle.” I am sorry, but I just do not see a battle materializing over this nomination. The battle may develop later, but right now we seem to have a qualified nominee who will be confirmed by the Senate with very little resistance. Of course one never knows what will happen in the Judiciary Committee, on the floor of the Senate, or among various opposition groups, but I think any opposition will be ineffective and there will not be any delay in Mr. Roberts’ assuming his duties by the first Monday in October. Those who are looking for a battle will not find one.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger cable guy said…

    I really like your blog. I am Canadian but I follow American polictics religiously and I really like your insight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home