The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mehlman vs. Wilson

Ken Mehlman was on Wolf Blitzer Reports the other night talking about the Karl Rove controversy. Joe Wilson was interviewed extensively tonight by Wolf. The two interviews/appearances/performances could not have been more different. They were like night and day, yin and yang.

Mr. Mehlman must have had a list of talking points, because every time Wolf asked him a question, Mehlman proceeded to change the subject and reiterate almost exactly what he had said before, over and over, I thought ad nauseam. By contrast, I thought Joe Wilson tonight was very forthright in his answers. He offered a lot of information, some new, (Karl Rove spoke to Chris Matthews and said that Wilson’s wife was fair game?) and was very cooperative.

I despise talking points and spin. Tonight’s interview with Joe Wilson was a breath of fresh air to me, and renewed my hope that political dialogue in this country can be meaningful instead meaningless and irritating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home