The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday

Iraq: We flew right past number 2000, didn’t we? Now we’re at 2024 and, regrettably, still counting.

Also: Iraq, a country of about 26 million people, is paying a high price for freedom: one person in 1000 dead as a result of Bush’s war.

It might not have been a pretty sight, but Britain had it right when and they killed and burned all those cattle after they were threatened by mad cow disease. Something like that, perhaps more extreme, is going to be necessary to prevent the spread of bird flu.

Maybe Bill Gates could pledge $258 million to fight bird flu instead of malaria.

Let’s hope we’re not going to create anymore monsters like the GM mosquito with glowing gonads.

For more Genetic Engineering/Biotechnology, visit The Tao of Monsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home