The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Look to the Liberal Blogs

The Democrats may be demoralized these days, but the Liberal blogs don’t seem to be demoralized. In fact, we seem to be particularly fired up. Somebody needs to go on the internet and read some of these blogs, like USLiberals.about.com.

There are lots of ideas out there. If the Democrats need energy and encouragement, much of that can be found online in the blogs.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just commented at The Heretik (http://theheretik.typepad.com/) that progressive bloggers are responsible for keeping the world from imploding. It may be a stretch, but not much of one.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Carl said…

    Ed,

    I'm not sure the Democrats are demoralized so much as I believe there is an interplay of two factors here:

    1) Internal struggle between the Deaniacs who want to shift the party into a more outspoken stance, vs. the Gore-Kerryites, who would like to take a more measured, moderate position.

    2) There's an old saying in politics: when your opponent in drowning, don't throw him a rope.

    Pelosi and Reid have lately come out with some more fervent messages than I would have expected from the Democratic congrssional leadership. Instinct tells me that this internal struggle I described is coming to a head.

    If so, an Al Gore candidacy might fall flat. Gore was too measured, and people will remember that, as opposed to his recent speeches (in particular the one he gave last year all but accusing Bush of war crimes).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home