The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Speculations

President: Deborah White at USLiberals.about.com said recently that Al Gore might be emerging as a top possibility for President in 2008. I'd love to see that.

Supreme Court: While we are speculating, I had a dream the other night that George W. Bush appointed Dick Cheney to the Supreme Court. He wouldn't do that, of course. Cheney is needed too much at the White House, and his age and health might mean he wouldn't serve for long. I think Bush wants someone young as his next pick, who'll be around a long time. But I was thinking, what if he chooses someone like Cheney, but someone who is young, healthy, not necessarily a judge, and who shares much of Cheney's ideology? Sorry, but that's scary.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Deborah White said…

    Thanks, Ed, for mentioning my thoughts about Al Gore in 2008. His name is all the buzz right now.

    Funny you mention Mary Landrieu, I am currently finishing a profile of her. Look for it by tomorrow.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Sorry to nitpick, but in 1968 Nixon was up against Hubert Humphrey and George Wallace. It may be a more pertinent analogy to say that we need another strong third party candidate like Wallace (or like Perot in 1992). But I think Al Gore can beat a Republican candidate outright. After all, he did get more votes in 2000.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home