The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

America Needs a Leader
Well you see, Hillary Clinton has to appear like a hawk. No one is going to elect a woman unless she appears strong on defense and security issues. The reason, I think, is that no one believes a woman would take us to war. Women are perceived as weak, and Kathleen Blanco’s milquetoast response to Katrina, for example, did much to harm women’s political causes in this country. The only problem with Hillary Clinton’s speeches, letters, and emails about the war, it seems to me, is that she never seems to take a clear position. At least Howard Dean, for all his negatives, was against the war. The President is for the war. Even Senator Clinton’s husband has said the war was a mistake. Senator Clinton, I think, appears timid, unwilling to commit herself. And that is why I think she doesn’t really deserve to be President. They say, "No guts, no glory." If you want some glory, Ms. Clinton, show some guts. How? Maybe you could start by showing some righteous indignation over being misled into war. Maybe you could come out on the attack instead of being on the defensive. In other words, maybe you could lead instead of follow. I know you’re not "running for President" yet, but you are a United States Senator, and senators can lead.

Technorati tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Carl said…

    Ed,

    You'll notice that it was only recently, and while he was in Israel (I think) that Bill Clinton had the nerve to come out and call the war a mistake. Up to that point, he supported Bush.

    My guess is, Hillary is using Bill as her trial balloon, to see what kind of reaction his comments gets.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Carl
    Yeah, you could be right. Some people have likened what they're doing to good cop/bad cop, or something like that. Whatever they're doing, maybe it'll work, but I still wish she would stop trying to play both sides against the middle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home