The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Armchair Advisors

CNN has an article which is comprised of e-mail from people who would like to give advice to President Bush if they could. Three in thirty of these e-mails mention capturing Osama bin Laden as a major goal. Are people still concerned about that? I suppose they are, but I was surprised that so many still place that as a high priority, especially after Katrina, Rita, the Libby indictment, and all the bad stuff coming out of Iraq.

Another three in thirty think the President is doing a great job, although most of these cited the war against terrorism and keeping America safe as the job at which he was excelling. Considering the fact that President Bush has displayed an appalling lack of leadership lately, especially with Katrina, the Harriet Miers debacle, and the Libby-Rove-Plame-CIA leak case (I think better leaders would have handled this a lot differently,) even if he was keeping us safe, which I really don’t agree with, I don’t think that alone is enough to offset all his negatives. Anybody could keep us safe, maybe some even better than Bush can.

The CNN article is interesting. Editing all these e-mails must have been a tough job. In some ways the resulting compilation reflects recent polls, with x% feeling one way and y% feeling another. In addition, however, it just shows that many of the people out there are just as out of touch with what is important to this country as the President is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home