The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Health Notes

As if the people of the Pakistan earthquake don't have enough to worry about, now they are afraid it might rain.

Why did 30 people waiting for liver transplants at UC Irvine Medical Center die 2004 - 2005? It wasn't because there weren't enough livers to go around. In fact there were 122 livers. --- If you needed another reason to stay out of hospitals, this one is pretty scary.

Estimated costs associated with bird flu keep rising. --- Concerning bird flu, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and dies like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

The FDA wants to limit claims that lycopene is effective in preventing cancer. But we can still eat all the spaghetti we want. --- The Food Industry profits by targeting certain foods to people with certain diseases. --- And now there is no more free ride with tinted contact lenses.

Finally, donating your sperm might end up being more complicated than you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home