The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Noting the News

If we build a wall from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico, what's next? A wall from Washington State to the state of Maine? Ah, life in Fortress America. But who knows? After all it worked for the Chinese.


If I were a betting man, I would be willing to bet that President Bush is going to ignore Allen Greenspan's "harsh warning on the US budget deficit." After all, didn't Reagan prove that deficits don't matter, or something like that? Maybe Vice President Cheney could refresh my memory.

Isn't there an old adage that says something like it's too late to close the barn door after the cow is gone? I think that applies to trying to control the budget deficit at this stage of the Bush presidency.

So, some of our lawmakers want to ban torture? That's refreshing. They might ban torture, but can they really stop it? The Vice President wants to allow torture, and don't we usually get what the Vice President wants? Now there is this article that says, "Cheney's office was responsible for directives which led to US soldiers abusing prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan." I would say I'm shocked, but I'm not because, they've been torturing us for the past five years.

But I want everyone to get off President Bush's back, because he really does care about black people. After all, he's giving the Medal of Freedom to Muhammed Ali and to Paul Rusesabagina isn't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home