The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Health Notes

If we were more careful and moderate in this country about what we eat, and if we all lost a little weight, we wouldn’t need so many pharmacists, pharmacy schools, or pharmaceuticals.

It’s interesting how we go to the UN when we want to, but badmouth them and leave them out of the loop at other times.

I don’t eat meat, but if there are flaws in our country’s efforts to prevent the spread of mad cow disease, I hope someone corrects them and corrects them quickly.

Asian poultry industry faces wrenching change from bird flu”? Good. It’s about time. Asia needs to change, and change quickly, and change drastically if we are to avert a pandemic – that is if we are not too late. Thing is, it’s going to take a concerted effort from all Asian countries, not just a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home