The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Humpty Dumpty Iraq?
This is an interesting story that talks about the fact that the mood has soured in Iraq, with violence increasing, and people protesting the recent election results. Fortunately this was the top story on AOL when I logged on earlier, otherwise I might never have seen it. When I went looking for it at Yahoo! News, I really had to search for it, forgetting that it is a Reuters story. Instead I first ran across this story about how security has improved in Mosul, definitely an upbeat account that seems unwarranted by news from the other story. Sometimes it seems that the news you really need is hard to find, or obscured by other news that paints a very different picture.

I was dismayed by the Reuters report of new violence in Iraq, but I was not too surprised. I don’t know if we will ever be able to put Iraq back together again. Maybe it is too broken. Maybe we don’t have the right plan, or maybe our plan is marred by the fact that it’s our plan, or maybe they need for everyone to just leave them alone and let them work out their own problems.

I wish all the best for Iraq now and in the coming year. It seems that they are going to need all the best wishes they can get.

Tags: , , ,



Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hon, just stopped by to say happy holidays! hope you're having a great christmas/kwanzaa/chanukkah/athiest shopping spree/new year!!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said…

    cars always slow down to look at wrecks, but almost never to look at beautiful flowers growing alongside the road. sadly, human nature may be at work here too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home