The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Stock Tip
If you could buy sauerkraut on the stock market, I don’t think you’d lose money, with sales up 50% in one quarter.

The Year to Come
One of the top news stories to watch for 2006, according to Lycos, will be Avian (bird) Flu. Of course, if the last year can serve as any guide, a lot of things will happen in 2006 that we can’t even imagine now, or at least that we can’t adequately predict. To paraphrase Bette Davis in “All About Eve,” fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

How about some medicine?
Here’s another article that brings into question the efficacy of the drug Tamiflu. I agree with this article: our scientists need to work on finding effective, reliable antiviral drugs. Viruses are not going to go away. We need better methods of dealing with them, of combating them. Here, however, is a pretty extensive discussion regarding vaccines versus antivirals.

Tell this to those who have died
And you see, here’s part of the problem, I think: our scientists are so busy trying to make us immune to the flu, which may be a losing battle, that they’re not adequately treating the ones who are sick today, and so many of them die.


Tags: , , , , , ,



Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Christmas Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home