The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Political Notes
So, 2008 will be the first time since 1952 that neither a sitting president nor a vice-president is on the ballot. We all know what happened then: after twenty years of Democratic rule, Dwight Eisenhower, a Republican, was elected by a landslide. I have a feeling that after twelve years of Bush rule (41 and 43) the American public will have had enough, and we’ll see a Democratic sweep.

I find it interesting that President Bush refuses to comment on the ongoing CIA leak case, but that doesn’t keep him from commenting on the ongoing Tom DeLay case. While he’s at it, maybe he could use his presidential prerogative to give us a hint as to whom Bob Novak’s source is.

I find it interesting that the Bush administration wants to wall up the border with Mexico, and maybe that of Canada as well, and yet there are real threats out there that cannot be kept out by a wall, namely West Nile Virus, for example, from which there have been 98 deaths this year. And this is not to even mention the threat from bird flu, which also cannot be kept out by a wall, or a human flu pandemic if one develops.

Speaking of walls, will the improvements to the New Orleans levee system be adequate? What about a category 5 storm? And it certainly doesn’t address the increase of West Nile Virus that occurred as a result of all that standing water in New Orleans.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,



Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Christmas Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home