The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

1970s Redux?
I want all you guys to get off Bush’s back. After all, our president is not a crook. Is he?

Bird Flu
Boy, if you read the bird flu news, it doesn’t sound good. Authorities think they may have found the first case of human to human transmission; a duck in Scotland tests positive for bird flu; more death in Turkey, with video; the brother of a girl who died tested positive for H5N1.

The other flu
Fox News points out that while bird flu may be a potential threat to the West, there are lots of actual threats here now, on door handles you push, on change you get back from buying coffee, in the air you breathe. And some of these diseases will actually kill about 35,000 people this year. I know. I got some awful stomach flu back before Christmas. I certainly don’t want to sick again.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sure, the remedy is *supposed* to be impeachment, but sadly there's no way that will happen with the current make-up of congress. here's hoping for a dramatic swing in the mid-term elections.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Here! Here! You said it. And how about Al Gore today? As far as I'm concerned he's the man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home