The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bird Flu Video
Here is the latest video from Reuters, including footage of Van, the place where the teenagers died from bird flu.

Dire Situation
Those who don’t think bird flu is serious should think about this: in Turkey, several people have died recently from the disease, many more have become infected, exposure seems to be increasing, and now the FAO is warning that bird flu could become endemic in Turkey. If that happens, that’s not good. It was one thing when H5N1 was an East Asian problem, but Turkey, then Europe, then North America is not that far away. Besides, endemic also means that it could be a serious problem for a long time. That just provides more opportunity for a pandemic to develop. Heaven save us.

Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home