The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

National Debt tops $8 trillion
Everybody needs to read this article about the Republican spending habits and deficit creation.

With this in mind, Bush is asking Congress to keep the tax cuts, and it also looks like he is taking the scissors to benefit programs.

Some people have courage
Eight US House democrats are supporting an impeachment inquiry for the president.

Burning Issue
Regarding Hillary Clinton's support for a bill outlawing flag burning, of course she's pandering to those voters who also support such legislation. That's what politics is all about. That's what the brouhaha over the Pledge of Allegiance was all about during the 1988 election campaign of Bush #41. Some people will actually vote for her just because of this issue. That would be kind of poetic justice, wouldn't it?

Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home