The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Setting the record straight
This fact sheet from the World Health Organization, although published in 2004, has some interesting information that provides background on bird flu, and puts to rest some rumors. For example:

Wild ducks naturally carry bird flu viruses and are largely resistant to them. There has been some speculation I’ve seen that ducks die from the disease in a matter of days. This turns out not to be true.

It is important for countries to share as much information as they have about bird flu outbreaks. China’s reluctance to share bird flu samples with WHO is not good, and possibly contributes to the problem.

Anyway, this an interesting article, and one that can provide the reader some insight on what is going on in the world today.

Bad time to be a bird
Thousands of chickens have died in Trinidad. Authorities say the deaths were not caused by bird flu.

Tuesday bird flu video
Here is video from Reuters on the bird flu.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home