The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday notes
Three more bird flu cases, this time in Ankara, 600 miles from Van, where the children died who had played with chicken heads. Here are some articles. (BBC, itar-tass, newsasia, sky.com)

Here are two articles from No Contact Politics about bird flu that I find interesting. (October 2005, January 2006)

Here’s an op-ed piece that says the US only looks prosperous because the Bush administration has run up the national debt, making the point that it’s easy to seem prosperous when you’re borrowing big and spending big. But eventually the credit card bill comes in the mail. Anyway, you get the analogy. I think the writer has a good point, one that the Democrats would love to get a crack at.

The hearings for Judge Alito begin tomorrow. In some ways, particularly with regard to the issue of domestic spying, the Alito nomination seems a little like cronyism to me: if you’re doing something that you know is wrong, you want to appoint someone who is on your side. Alito seems to be on Bush’s side with regard to that issue, and justices on the Supreme Court shouldn’t take sides. Can we get an impartial Justice here?

Finally, for a chuckle or two, all we are saying, is give Bush a chance.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Has anyone considered that the dinosaurs might have been wiped out by bird flu? I mean, birds have been around a long time, and aren't dinosaurs and birds related? Just brainstorming here . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home