The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hillary is Right?
The National Journal ranked Hillary Clinton one of the most conservative senators on foreign policy? Well, I don’t care how conservative she gets, I just don’t see her being elected president, with one caveat: as I’ve said before, she must win at least one red state. Florida seems the one most capable of going blue. Of course, the way Louisiana has been neglected recently you would think it might be up for grabs in 2008. Only problem is, I don’t think it's up for grabs for Hillary. She is a very polarizing figure. Al Gore might, and probably would, win the competitive red states, but don’t look for Hillary to win them.

Is John McCain a Republican?
John McCain has been saying some of the things that the Democrats have been saying: the budget is out of control and there are big problems with lobbying abuses. Boy, McCain is sounding more and more like a Democrat. If he runs in 2008, he could be a tough candidate.


Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home