The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Antiviral?
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc have been given permission to fast-track its new flu drug peramivir. The drug may be very effective against most kinds of flu, including H5N1. Hooray. As I’ve said many times, we need more and better effective antivirals. I don’t think you can prevent everyone from getting sick, but if you have good antivirals you can treat the ones who do.

Bird Flu Overview
Here is an historical summary of bird flu outbreaks, deaths, and preventive measures, as well as plans to deal with H5N1 if it strikes, listed country by country, from Guardian Unlimited. For those interested in where the disease has been, where it is now, and where it is not, this article is succinct, readable, and informative.

It’s not about politics?
China refuses to allow Taiwan to join the International Bird Flu Conference. What can you say about that? What adjective come readily to mind? Stupid? Ridiculous? Yep.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home