The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Risk Assessment
I’m not familiar with the Columbia (Missouri) Daily Tribune, but this letter to the editor, taken from their pages, has some strong words for and about President Bush. I admire the writer’s candidness. She tells it as she sees it. More of us should follow her example.


Stand up and be counted
I’m glad that Hillary came out for an Alito filibuster. If the country is moving in the wrong direction now, as most Americans believe, Alito would intensify that move, maybe even set us off on another wrong track altogether. A filibuster may not work, but this last-minute attempt to derail the confirmation will accomplish one thing. It will get everyone on the record in stating where they stand on this issue of national importance. Too many of these guys are on the record as being on the wrong side of the Iraq War vote. It would not be good, ultimately, for them to be on the wrong side of this vote as well.


It’s the environment?
Bill Clinton now says that “climate change is the most pressing threat to civilization.” Isn’t that what Al Gore said, like a couple of months ago? BTW, Al Gore is coming out with another book on the environment, “An Inconvenient Truth.” I think he’s getting ready to run for president in 2008. I think Al Gore is finally finding his voice, something that he needed to do in 2000 but didn’t or couldn’t, and I think this time he will win.



Tags: , , , , , ,

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sadly, i don't think they've got enough for a filibuster. i guess we'll see. as far as hillary goes, i'm shocked... you mean she's actually taking a stance on an issue???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home