The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Truth Matters
I was wondering recently, if truth matters on Oprah, why doesn’t it matter in the White House? Then I was reading over the manuscript of my new book, The Tao of Politics Anthology, and I ran across this passage: “In the exercise of Government, truth is of the utmost importance. But not so in the exercise of Politics.”

That’s what is wrong today in the White House: the Bush administration is great at politics, and not so great at government. In politics you don’t have to tell the truth, or be ethical, or play fair. All you have to do is win. George W. Bush is great at winning elections. I would argue, as I said, that he is not so great at governing. Of course, history will be the final judge.

It’s too bad that when we elect a president we have to elect a politician instead of a college professor or someone like that. Politicians are often not the nicest kinds of people.

Tags: , , , ,

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home