The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
22. Seeing dead birds on TV is bad. Seeing dead birds in your neighborhood is worse.

Political Notes
A new poll says 70% of those surveyed do not believe Hillary will win in 2008. I tend to agree with that, unless of course she could win a Red State like Florida. Thing is, you know, I’m not sure she could carry all the Blue States. There are a lot of people out there who are not ready for a woman in the Oval Office, especially Hillary. By the way, if you want to meet Hillary Clinton it will cost you $1000. She is attending a Florida political event this Saturday, and tickets may be purchased here.

Al Gore seems to be getting a lot of attention in the news and in the blogs these days. Much of it is angry, mean, and despicable. In some ways I think that if Al can generate that kind of reaction among the Right, then he must be doing something correct. And if he can generate that kind of ire from the Right, maybe they are worried that he is a real threat in 2008. In the final analysis it doesn’t matter what the Right Wing blogs say, just as it hasn’t mattered what the Left Wing blogs have been saying about George W. Bush for five years. Bush still got re-elected didn’t he? If Al Gore is elected or not in 2008 it won’t be because of the blogs, so let them just have their fun, and vent their spleen, or whatever. All he’s got to do is carry one Red State, and I think he stands a much better chance of doing that than Hillary Clinton does.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home