The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
19. Someone can just be living their life, with things proceeding normally, like you and I. Then something like bird flu can come along and end it all.

Bird Flu Notes
My good friend Bird Man at The Bird Flew has some VERY INTERESTING POSTS, including a map of the East Atlantic Flyway for birds (zoom in and scroll around to get a better look) and the Black Sea/Mediterranean flyway. It is easy to see from this map where the birds are coming from, where they are going, and consequently how and where bird flu is spreading.

Some people are questioning how bird flu got into India. Once again illegal bird trade surfaces as a possibility (as well as illegal vaccines?) Additionally, some people wonder if bird flu was deliberately introduced. Some people are just perplexed and don’t mind admitting it.

More diseases are jumping from animals to humans. Bird flu is just the latest example. Keep this in mind the next time someone starts talking about transplanting body parts from pigs to humans. I'm serious.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home