The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
23. Bird flu has a form, a name, and we know it changes, so it’s not undefined. And it may seem remote to us now, but it doesn’t seem that way to people in Europe.

Bird Flu Notes
Bird Flu (Vogelgrippe) has landed on eBay. Have we heard it all yet? Probably not. Somebody always comes up with something new. This is just the latest brilliant idea. Stay tuned, there’s undoubtedly more to come. Oh, and be careful next time you bid on something at eBay. It’s contagious.





Today is another big day in Bird Flu news. We have new outbreaks in Georgia, Cambodia, and Germany. Doesn’t sound to me like we are getting a grip on the dreaded Vogelgrippe.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like most people, I try not to worry about things that don't really need to be worried about. But bird flu is starting to not fit that category. Hard to trust that we are getting the right information or the full story in the media, either.

    But what's to be done? Call your doctor friends and start stockpiling flu vaccines? Do we even have one that works on bird flu? I'm not really up on this, as you can see. Just expressing random worries, the worries most people are probably carrying around.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Kiersten, You make some good points. The main thing for me is that with communications and information the way they are today, we are able to watch as this disease develops. It may become really serious, like the 1918 flu, or it may just fizzle out. But in the meantime it is really interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home