The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Every time I hear Bill Clinton give a speech, I am tremendously impressed. He is very articulate, very reasonable, and he really seems to connect with his audience. Here is a speech he gave recently on the subject of biotechnology. I don’t know that I agree with everything he said here, but he really gives a good speech. And that is one of the main points I consider when I think about Hillary Clinton running for president in 2008: if Bill Clinton could run for another term as president, I would definitely vote for him, mainly because I respect him greatly as a thinker. The problem is, in my mind Hillary doesn’t compare favorably with Bill. And I don’t know that support for Bill would necessarily translate into support for Hillary. I think Bill could give all the great speeches he wants and there would still be those who wouldn’t support Hillary. Hillary Clinton is no Bill Clinton. I would vote for her against any Republican, but I do not support her for the Democratic nomination. We need to nominate a winner, and I don’t think Hillary would win. Maybe we need to nominate a uniter, not a divider. I think Hillary is too divisive. I don't think that is necessarily her fault. Some people just don't like her. And as I said, she doesn't really compare favorably with her husband.


Democrats have often gotten a bad rap for being critical of the Iraq war. We have been reviled by the Republicans and accused of being unpatriotic. It is good to see our generals speaking out now. They are not unpatriotic. They are smart men, leaders, and they have seen firsthand some of the insanity being perpetrated by this administration. They want the insanity to stop. Their critiques are something of a vote of no confidence against this administration. The American people get to cast their vote of no confidence this fall in the midterm elections

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home