The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I posted comments at ThinkProgress.org, 11/16/05 concerning holding the president accountable for his mistakes (comment #37). I also published the remarks 11/18/05 on this blog under the title “Wrongs of the New Millennium,” which you can see.

Apparently M. F. Wolf of Bakerstown, PA (mfwolf@zoominternet.net) didn’t like my comments, all these months later, so he sent me three emails:

Email 1. Your A "FLAMING LIBERAL" and your an idiot!
You repeat the same lame arguments on right wing politics. I guess you didn't hear that one of saddams people has said that the WMD's were shipped to Syria.
On Katrina, I guess that's G.W's. fault for not signing on to the kyoto agreement? He caused the storm didn't he!

your a fool and your ideology is dangerous.

Can't you go find some other country to live in, and ruin?

Mike........

Email 2. hey want to buy a turban, how about a sickle and hammer?
mike...........

hell! I'll even bet that you think the borders shouldn't be protected either.......

what an ass you are!
mike.......

Email 3. I didn't see anything on immigration on your blog. could it be that you have no opinion, or the far left wing hasn't said much. which would be why you haven't mentioned it, no party line to repeat!

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"

it not going to happen dude.

quit being a communist ideologue. and become a realist.

mike.........


In response to email number 1, I stand by my comments of November 16, 2005. They constitute what I consider to be one of my most cogent statements ever. I find it interesting that whenever certain people don’t agree with you, they suggest you leave the country. These are the same people who say things like, “America, love it or leave it.” You know, I love my country so much that I even defend Mike’s right to disagree with me. I think that is more than he would grant me. BTW, my great-great-grandfather died in the Civil War, and I can trace my ancestors in this country back to the 1700s, so I think I belong here as much if not more than anyone else.

#2. While I may defend Mike’s right to disagree with me, I do not defend his ad hominem attacks against me.

#3. With regard to immigration, my personal opinion is that we should send all the Mexicans back to Mexico. If I was in another country illegally, I would probably be in big trouble. Illegal aliens should be treated no differently than any other person who commits a crime.

Thanks for the comments, Mike. Next time share them with the rest of the blogosphere.

, , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home