The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, May 26, 2006

I wrote a post on Monday in which I said I would not be surprised if John Corzine ran for president in 2008. Some person named Buzz thought that suggestion was laughable. I didn’t say Corzine might win, I just said he might run. After a career in business, Corzine seems to have been bitten by the politics bug. In the span of seven years he went from being CEO of Goldman Sachs, to serving one term in the US Senate, to being the governor of New Jersey. Along the way he has spent a lot of his own money to be elected to public office. Of course the ultimate prize for an ambitious man, particularly one as successful as John Corzine, is the presidency. Will he run in 2008? Who knows? I certainly don’t, but I enjoy speculating about who is going to replace George War Bush and his disastrous presidency. And I don’t think Corzine is so laughable. After all, as Woody says, who could be worse than Bush?

I think Wesley Clark might run for president in 2008. He is certainly not going quietly into that good night, maintaining a high visibility, and speaking out on a variety of issues. What we need in 2008, I think, is someone who did not vote for the Iraq war, and someone who could do well in the red states. To me, Wesley Clark seems to fit the bill.

And what about Al Gore? He’s still my favorite. I still haven’t gotten over 2000. Of course the fact that George War Bush has led our country so far down the wrong path continually reminds me that it didn’t have to be this way. The press may not particularly like him, but maybe the American electorate has learned its lesson. Maybe it has finally had enough. Maybe we can finally, or at least in two and a half years, as the president reminded us in his press conference last night, get this country out of its hole and back on track. Of course all that begins with the elections of 2006 when the Democrats take control of Congress.


, , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home