The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Many of the people who insist that immigrants to this country learn English, could not and would not learn a foreign language if their life depended on it. So I think it is hypocritical for these people to insist that immigrants do something that they could not or would not do themselves.

How to win in 2006 and 2008? Tim Russert said yesterday on Meet the Press, “You believe that states like New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado—swing states—could go Democratic if Hispanic voters are angry at the Republicans.” Senator Lindsey Graham answered yes to this statement. The Republicans have taken an issue here -- immigration -- that could cost them votes in future elections. Democrats need to know how to take advantage of that. In fact, there is evidence that Hispanics are already souring on GOP policies. Are you listening Hillary?

Additionally, here is an article that talks about key races in the upcoming Congressional elections. Don’t forget to look at the interactive map.

I would not be surprised to see John Corzine run for president in 2008. After all, I think that is why he ran for governor of New Jersey and left the Senate. Don’t forget you saw it here first.

I can’t wait until November. We have an election coming up then, and college basketball season starts not long after that. I really couldn’t ask for anything more. I'm pumped.

, , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Corzine in '08? Thanks for the chuckle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home