The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

They say that the approval rating for Congress is very low. I was thinking, if Congress did a better job of providing checks and balances for the executive branch, maybe more people would approve of the job Congress is doing.

I think it was Abraham Lincoln who said something to the effect that you can’t pull the wage earners up by pulling the wage payers down. The implication of that idea is that you can’t pull people out of poverty by taxing the rich, or something like that. And I might agree with that. But I would like to say that the rich can be expected to pay their fair share, which I don’t think they are doing under George War Bush.

NPR has interesting coverage of the 2006 elections, including coverage of the Senate and House races, as well as articles on what happens if the Democrats gain control of Congress, etc.

, , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home