The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The talk now is that Rumsfeld is a war criminal and should be indicted for war crimes. Look, let’s just wait until we regain control of Congress, and then we can talk about what actions should and should not be taken. And at that time, hopefully, cooler heads will prevail. Sure, I’d love to see some accountability in this administration. I’d love to see them nailed for what they’ve done to our country, but let’s keep our own counsel for now, focus all our energy on the 2006 elections, and not count our chickens before they hatch. (Enough metaphors for you?)

Tax cuts that are intended to reduce the size of government spending have been shown to actually have the opposite effect. Several theories have been put forward to explain this phenomenon, but I think the answer is that the people who cut taxes are the ones who spend the most, and the people who raise taxes are the ones who strive for fiscal responsibility. Our current president is an excellent example. He cuts taxes, but spends like there is no tomorrow, literally. This brings me back to an issue that is a little tangential to this discussion: it is easy to appear prosperous when you are using credit cards and spending liberally. That, in effect is what the Bush administration is doing. (I didn’t make this up. We’ve talked about this before.) The only problem is that sooner or later a person or a government spends too much and ends up bankrupt. The US government may never bankrupt itself, but the spending and tax cutting policies of this administration are immoral, and they should be held accountable for them.


, , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home