The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, September 29, 2006

A lot of people are trying to blame President Clinton for 9/11. A lot of people are trying to blame President Bush. A review in the New York Times of Bob Woodward’s new book, State of Denial, says, “in the weeks before the Sept. 11 attacks, Mr. Tenet believed that Mr. Rumsfeld was impeding the effort to develop a coherent strategy to capture or kill Osama bin Laden.” Did you read that? Impeding! It then goes on to say, “On July 10, 2001, the book says, Mr. Tenet and his counterterrorism chief, J. Cofer Black, met with Ms. Rice at the White House to impress upon her the seriousness of the intelligence the agency was collecting about an impending attack. But both men came away from the meeting feeling that Ms. Rice had not taken the warnings seriously.” Warnings not taken seriously! Sounds to me like there is plenty of blame to go around. How does Bush keep getting elected, and keep pushing his agenda when books like this exist? Does the country have its head in the sand? Will Bush’s winning streak continue on November 7? Let us hope not.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)




, , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home